Thursday, March 22, 2012

Welcoming Spring!

Well, no one can say that the weather in the Willamette Valley is boring this year!  We have had a fairly mild, albeit wet, winter.  Although other areas in the valley have seen snow, Hubbard has been immune.  To the dismay of all of my children.  However, over the past few weeks we've had snow every tuesday morning when we wake up.  It doesn't stay past a few hours and it's usually just a light dusting, and school has been on schedule.  This week, the welcoming of a new spring, has proven different.  We had snow on Monday this week instead of Tuesday.  School as usual.  It melted and we went on our way.  Yesterday (Wednesday), Salem and south had a dumping of snow, we just had some flurries, until last night.  It started to stick.  Conner had a scout board of review and then baseball practice and by the time we left the church at 8:15, the roads were covered.  When we left the field house around 9, this is what it looked like...

Then we got home and were unable to park the suburban in the garage because we couldn't get up the driveway and I was afraid if I tried too hard, I might slide back and hit Mike's car.  This is what it looked like out my car window...

This morning I woke up to the phone at 5:45 with a message that the kids' school was on a 2 hour delay.  So of course, I woke up the kids and told them to go play :)  Here are a few pics of the spring time adventure at the Lader's house...




And this is the view from my house.  I love living in town and seeing this!  Beautiful!

I hope your spring is filled with as much fun and surprise as ours!

No comments: