Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A busy weekend

On Saturday I started my latest round of Total Health. It was really fun because Laura is doing it with me. However, I wasn't really that prepared to be as sore as I have been!!! Now that I can almost walk down the stairs unaided, it feels pretty good. Even with all the running I've been doing, I haven't been this sore in a LONG time! After Total Health, I drove out to Silverton to my hair stylist. She is amazing. We colored my hair RED and cut it short. I love it! It's easy and there are so many ways to style it. It's nice to feel a part of the real world again. It's easy to forget how great a good hair cut makes me feel. After that we headed off to the North Marion School District 1st Annual Auction. That was a blast! We were able to get some good deals and some fun stuff. Conner picked up 2 hours with a private baseball coach and scored some OSU Beaver baseball tickets too (2 time National Champion OSU Beavers for those who didn't know!). Also bought 1 hour of math tutoring for Alia. Although she wasn't nearly as thrilled with her gift as Conner was with his. Hmmm, I wonder why? Mike also bought a running basket the was the deal of the night. It was filled with a gift certificate, GPS running watch and some other fun goodies. Sunday I took the kids to a hockey tournament that my nephews were playing in. Oh, I should probably let you know that on Saturday, while I was gone, Mike took ALL FIVE kids to the hockey tournament and spent 1 1/2 hours there with the kids WITH OUT ME! Way to go Mike!!! So, I visited with my sister and my mom while we were watching the games. My littlest nephew's team won first place! Way to go Dawsen!!! That afternoon we went for a long drive with the kids looking for property. Are we going down this road again? With the housing market as it is, we may be able to find something in the area we want for a good price... Guess we have some praying to do! Anyway, now it's back to baseball, softball, dance, church and all the other fun stuff that comes with a busy week with a family of 7! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Brynn said...

I was so impressed with Mike bringing all 5 kids, what a trooper he was!

Your hair looked so good that I'm now trying to decide if I want mine short again. Hmmm...

Ethington Family said...

becki-
i too love your hair! I also am glad to see that you updated, better than me...I still haven't. well have a great day!
mary