Monday, April 21, 2008

The new addition

Mike has a new baby. We drove up to Bonnie Lake, Washington on Saturday to visit our friends, the Birrers, and pick up Mike's new truck. He was so excited. He has wanted one like this for a very long time. We braved 3 snow storms, 3 hail storms, rain and sun on the 3 hour drive. It was crazy! But we had a good time. We miss the Birrers! They moved up there about 5 months ago. They were a huge part of our lives and they have left a very large hole. So it was nice to spend a little time with them, even if it was only a couple hours.


Conner went to the new "Great Wolf Lodge" and water park on Friday and Saturday with his buddies Matthew and Austin. Matthew's mom and dad took the boys for Matthew's 10th birthday. They had a blast! I can't wait to go up there as a family. Hopefully next month we can squeeze it in.


Conner has 2 practice games this week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and they won't be rained out. What is up with this crazy weather? I could sure so for a couple days with the temp higher than 43!


Ann-Elise is getting ready for her next dance recital. She is tapping to "Lolly pop, Lolly pop". It's really cute. She has totally picked up her dance skills this session and I am really proud of her. However, she HATES softball. And I'm the mean mom who won't let her quit. Even though it would make life so much easier on me!!!


Alia's having fun hanging out with friends. She's such a crazy kid. And so darn moody. I think I'll be hating life in a few years with so many girls in the house! I think Mike and Conner might move out during those teenage years!


Oh, and thanks to Mike for leaving me a comment. And of course Brynn and Mary! The rest of you though... I don't know what I'm gonna do with you!!!


Have a great day!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Hey, tell Mike & Conner they are more than welcome to move in with us in a few years, (or now, if needed), they'll get more than enough "boy time" at my house!!! Poor Chay, I feel bad for her being surrounded by all this testosterone! I can't wait to see pics of Leise dancing!

Ethington Family said...

i guess we feel lucky to be even numbers at my house. Even growing up with 13 kids, it was 7 girls, 6 boys. Hey you called and left a message about boy clothes- yes, i would love them, thank you!
Here you are hoping the baseball games aren't rained out and I am hoping they are, I'm a lazy bum who would rather hang out at home all day, so there you have it- the truth.
Have a great day! and oh, I like the truck.
mary