Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The proper way to "write a wrong"

My mom and I went shopping on Saturday.  We took Alia, Adrie and Caile with us.  The younger girls were tyrants!  They were horrible.  I was exhausted when we left the store and Adrie was just being obnoxious.  My mom was trying to talk with her on the way home about how disrespectful she was acting towards me.  Well, we had already made an agreement that Adrie and Alia would spend the night at my parents house and my mom didn't really want to take Adrie with her acting that way.  She sat her down and, once again, tried to explain to her that she was being very  mean and that she wasn't going to let her go to her house if she didn't correct her behavior.  My mom told her that she needed to "right the wrong" with her mom.  At which point Adrie turns to my mom, and with her most sad voice says "but I don't know HOW to write my mom's name"!  Oh my goodness.  Does it get any cuter than that?  She walks over to me and (again in the so sad voice) says, "mom, Grammy said I need to write your name, but I don't know HOW to write your name.  I told her that maybe we could just talk about the way she acted and how she was being disrespectful and she didn't need to write my name.  So we spent a few minutes talking about that.  When I gave her a hug and told her that she could now go to Grammy's house, she got all pathetic again and told me "but I didn't write your name, and I don't know HOW to write your name".  So we grabbed a pen and I helped her write "MOM".  

And that class, is how you "write" a wrong!

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Mom told me about this, but it's even funnier to hear you say it!

mimi said...

LOL.....TOO ADORABLE!:) What a great little teaching moment:)
So Sweet!!!

Rebecca said...

Ahhh so sweet, I think I saw you at Wal-Mart that day.... All I have to say is there is nothing better than shopping at Wal-Mart on a Saturday with all the kids in tow....LOL

Ethington Family said...

That is sweet! I love that about kids!