Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!

Today was a wonderful day.  I love my family and am so blessed to have so many of my family members live close by.  Mike and I decided to stay at home this year for dinner and had invited 2 of Mike's sisters and their families over for dinner.  There was a cousin for each of my kids to play with and us adults had a great time.  Dinner was good.  Friendship was better.  I'm thankful that they all took time away from other members of their families to have dinner here with us!

To rewind a tad...  Yesterday was the first quarter awards assembly for St. Luke.  I knew that Adrie would be awarded with an MVP (most valuable panther) award, so I was ready.  I also knew that Conner and Alia would be awarded for achieving Honor Roll for the first quarter of the school year.  I also knew that both Conner and Alia would be recognized for playing soccer and volleyball for the fall season.  What I didn't know was that Alia would receive the award for the Most Improved Player on her team.  I was so proud of her and her willingness to work hard and continue to improve.  She had a great season and I'm excited to watch her play again next year.

I also didn't know the Conner would be given the award of the Most Valuable Player for his soccer team.  His coach, when talking about him, kept mentioning that the MVP would play hard where ever he was needed, even if it wasn't a position he wanted to play.  I thought it sounded a lot like Conner, ya know, to complain about not wanting to do something...  But she was very complimentary to him and it made me so happy for him.  he had an awesome season and it's nice to have hard work recognized in a public way.  Way to go kids!!!
This is all you get to see from Conner.  That kid WON'T take a picture!!!

No comments: