Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful Pot #7

Today I am so thankful for 5 amazing kids!  They are all so different and unique.  It definitely keeps me on my toes!

Conner:  Conner is very athletic.  I have enjoyed so much being able to watch him learn and compete in sports.  Tonight was his first wrestling meet.  It was VERY long!  Out of the 3 hours we were there, he wrestled a total of 4 minutes.  He did however win both matches :)  He pinned the guy in the first match and won 12-3 in the second.  I'm very proud of him.  Oh, and he was bumped up a weight group, so he was against boys that were about 10 pounds heavier than he is.

Alia:  Alia is my spit fire.  She wears her heart on her sleeve.  You don't ever have to wonder where you sit with her!  She is an amazing helper with the younger kids, even if she doesn't want to be.  She is very creative and loves to cook and do anything involving arts.  She is a great story writer and artist.  She also loves to sing.

Ann-Elise:  Leise is your typical middle child.  Quiet and obeying.  She just goes with the flow.  She has a pretty even temperament and is a huge help to me with the little girls.  She is a great student and a really good athlete, although spending time with friends determines which sport she is wanting to participate in.  So she hasn't really found anything permanent yet.  She's tried softball, basketball, swim and, currently, tap dance.  She's fun to watch and is great at whatever she is doing at the moment.

Adrie:  Adrie is a little dolly.  She is happy and bubbly.  She loves school and LOVES to tell you stories.  I don't think she knows how to tell a short one.  Hmmm, not sure where she gets that!  She is great in school and just adores her teacher and her friends.  She also can turn on a dime.  If things don't go the way she wants them to, you can count on a big blow up.  Luckily she gets over it quickly and is easy to talk.

Caile:  Hmmm, what do I say about this lively one?  She is a tyrant.  A drama queen.  A stubborn elephant.  But she is also a beautiful princess with a tender heart.  She has grown up so much the past few months.  It is amazing to see her develop into a warm and friendly girl.  Oh, don't get me wrong, she is still not one to let others take advantage of her.  I guess that's one thing she's learned from being the youngest.  She can sure get her voice heard!  But she is a love and I am so glad she's part of my family.

So there you go.  My amazing kiddo's in a nutshell.

No comments: