Monday, November 28, 2011

The loss of one great woman

Today my family is in mourning.  One of my favorite aunts finished her mortal life and returned to live with our Heavenly Father.  It was very sudden.  It is very sad.  She was a remarkable woman.  One who gave selflessly of herself to her family and her callings.  She loved me and treated me as her own daughter. She opened her home to my family and made us feel welcomed and loved.  This is a sad day for me.  I know I will miss her very much.

However, my grief is only a selfish one.  I know where she is.  I know that she will be with her family again.  She is rejoicing right now and I should be happy for her.  She was valiant.  She endured to the end. She is a wonderful example to me of a woman of service.  She is a faithful daughter and angels are rejoicing in her honorable return home.

Aunt Connie, I love you.  I'm blessed to have known you.  To call you Aunt.  Thank you for your wonderful example of pure love to me and my family.  I know that I will see you again.

No comments: