Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Thankful Post- Day 1

I'm going to try to post something I'm thankful for every day this month.  We'll see how far I get ;)

Today, as every day, I am grateful for my redeeming Savior, Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for my knowledge of him and his love for me.  Through him, I have a purpose.  A reason to be better.  To do better.  To love more and judge less.  To think of the eternal perspective, not just the day to day trials.

What a wonderful blessing it is in my life and to my family to know of a loving Heavenly Father.  To know of his plan and my place in it.  How blessed we are to have the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  To serve others.  To strive to become more like him.

I'm thankful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Yes.  I am a Christian.  I am thankful for an eternal family.  For the ability to live throughout eternity with my family and chosen sweetheart.  How much my Heavenly Father must love me to provide such abundant blessings for me.

I know I'm not perfect and I have quite a way to go until I am.  But at least I have direction.  And not just on Sundays.  I strive to live a life that mirrors that of Christ everyday.  Does the advisory win?  Sometimes.  But at least I can repent and try again.

What an amazing blessing.

www.mormon.org

No comments: