Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ahh, so much to do

So, today I've started feeling the crunch of things to be done before the big trip.  It seems that we spend an eternity waiting for the big day to get here, and then panic the week before.  Crazy.  Anyway, we have my friend coming to dinner tonight, so I need to clean up the house and go shopping.  Plus my teenage friend is coming over after school to bake cookies with the kids.

So on the list is:

*make the cookie dough (mmmm, Grandma's German Cookies!)
*clean the house for vacation. 
*Make sure all the clothes are cleaned and then pack for 5 kids and myself (plus double check to make sure Mike has everything HE needs!)
*Pack all gifts still needing to travel
*Grocery shop
*Last minute gifts for people we didn't think we would see before the holiday, but now we are...
*Oh and I need to get my house ready for a "house sitter".  UGH!  Wash sheets, make sure basic food is on hand. 

And I'm going to try REALLY hard to NOT forget that I'm supposed to watch my friend's kids on Monday (like I forgot last week) and to get Conner to scouts on Friday.

Ya, something's gonna slip.  I just hope that whatever it is isn't too important!

On a fun note, Mike and I went to dinner last night at Huber's in downtown Portland.  We carpooled with Mike's buddy Chris and his wife Shelley.  We had a really good time.  We sat with another couple that I had met once before and another of Mike's work friends.  We had a great time.  It was fun to feel kinda grown up.  I also love to watch Mike interact with others.  I don't see that as often as I like.  He's a great guy and everyone loves him.

Ok, off to get ready to go to the store.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

You'll get it all done, don't stress (easier said than done says me who has a ward party for over 300 tomorrow, 2 b day parties to put on, & 5 basketball games this weekend) LOL

I can't wait to see all the fun pics you take!!! Have fun if I don't talk to you before you leave.