Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween


We like candy.  A lot.  So we trick or treat 2 night instead of 1!  Our ward always done a big, fun Trunk or Treat the night before Halloween.  So on Thursday, we took 4 friends with us and headed to the church for the awesome chili feed.  After that, and a few games for the kids, we headed out for the trick or treat part.  This year was a lot of fun because it was the first time I didn't have to go with the kids.  I was able to send them off on their way with each of the older girls hanging onto one of the babies and I hung out with Mike in the Suburban.  It was fun to spend time with him and meet some new people.  I didn't get a picture of Conner on his own, but here are my little goblins!

Conner was actually the Tasmanian Devil (very fitting).  Alia was supposed to be Tinkerbell, but I think she changed her title at the last minute to just a fairy.  Ann-Elise was supposed to be a hula girl, but ended up being a bit of a "goth" hula girl.  Adrie was a princess.  And Caile was a very grumpy lady bug.  

On Halloween, Conner took off with 3 of his friends.  I took the girls out with a couple of my friends.  We had a great time.  The weather was perfect and the kids held up really well.  Even the little girls!  Mike stayed home to pass out candy (or watch the Blazer game...).

I can remember when I was a kid and my mom would take us kids trick or treating and my dad's job was to stay home and pass out the candy.  Apparently, tempted by the idea of a whole hour of uninterrupted tv time, we'd always come home to the porch light off and the candy bowl full and dad in the back bedroom watching tv.  Oh my mom would get mad!  It may have only happened once, but to me, that's my childhood Halloween memory.

Anyway, I came home to an almost empty candy bowl, so I knew that Mike was doing his job!  Actually, he enjoys seeing all the kids in their costumes.  I'm glad that he enjoys that, because I don't!

The kids ended up having a great time and getting a ton of candy.  And I think most of them have their costumes picked out for next year!

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Ok, not that I doubt your memory, but I honestly don't remember this! Certainly wouldn't surprise me, but I really don't remember. I do know that mom would make chili (ok, maybe dad made it) & then send us on our way with full tummies.

Anyway, I'm glad you all had a great time!