Saturday, November 1, 2008

Adrie's pumpkin patch field trip

Adrie had her school pumpkin patch trip on Thursday..  I was able to go with her and we had a great time.  I think this is honestly the only field trip that I enjoy going on.  Not because the trip itself is fun, but because they go during their first year or two of school and it's so fun to watch the kids experience their first field trip.

Adrie is in afternoon preschool this year.  It's my first experience with afternoon school.  I didn't think I'd like it and I probably wouldn't request it, but it's been great for her this year.  She only has 9 kids in her class as opposed to the 17 or so that are in the morning class.  That alone make a bus trip with preschools bearable!

We went to a place that the older kids had been when they were in preschool.  It hasn't been open for a few years.  It was totally different than it was before, but it was really cool.  The lady that runs it it trying to purchase the land and turn it into a wild life sanctuary.  Cool idea, but I'm glad I don't live too close!  She had a baby tiger and a baby lion.  And by baby, I mean the lion was probably only about 50 pounds and the tiger was only 150!  There were also a lot of other exotic animals that I don't remember what they were.

They also had a reptile exhibit.  And let me say this.  There is NO way we are getting any creepy crawly animals!  No way, no how!  Sorry, but they are just totally creepy to me.

They also had a petting zoo and some fun inflatable slide and obstacle courses. 
Other than the "ouchie" Adrie got on her knee after falling in the gravel, we had a great time!  It was so cute because she was wearing her Halloween pants that say "BOO" on the butt.  Her teacher thought they were the cutest thing and kept taking pictures of her back side!  In fact they had all the kids sit on a bench to get a class picture.  After they got the nice picture, they had Adrie sit up on her knees and turn to the back so they could get her boo butt.  Adrie had no idea what was going on or why she was the only one asked to turn around.  But she did it like a trooper.  She's so cute!

After the mad rush to get the pumpkins because we were running out of time, we made it back to the school.  We had a great time and I am so glad that I was able to spend the time with Adrie!

A fun little story: 

On Thursday, I filled the candy bowl in preparation for trunk or treat.  After I did that, I ran upstairs to fold some clothes.  When I cam down, Adrie and Caile had taken EVERY stuffed animal they could find and set them out around the dining room table.  For the animals that didn't have chairs, they were set up on top of the table.  In front of each animal was 1 mini kit kat bar and a spoon.  All placed perfectly.  Too cute!  I know, I should have taken pictures of that one, but I was too focused on getting the table cleaned off and I didn't think about it until half of it was put away.  Oh well, maybe next time.  And it looks like Adrie has a new job home!

1 comment:

Ethington Family said...

She looks so cute in all those pictures. I love those first field trips. the kids couldn't be cuter!