Sunday, July 20, 2008

AAAAGGGHHH!



I'm so confused, my ADD mind doesn't even know where to start. I need to blog about the state tournament, Alia's birthday AND do the final kid spot light. Hmmm, I don't know what to do first. Maybe I'll do it it time order and end with Caile.


So, Conner's team went to play in the state tournament. What fun! We started off playing a team that we had beat 2 times before. We won again. I think the score was 7-4. Wow, on to the next game. Again, a team that we had played before, however at the county tournament they beat us by 1. Once again, they bested us. So we dropped down to the losers bracket. One more loss and we're out. Next we played a great team from Keizer. That was probably the highlight of our season. We were down 9-2 in the 3rd or 4th inning. We were able to out score them 9-0 and ended up winning 11-9. Amazing! Oh, and I forgot to mention that Conner had 2 amazing catches in the first game. And we were even able to get an action shot of him catching one of them. However, I don't have a scanner, so you'll just have to take my word for it! The 4th game that we played, we played Mikes coworker Brian's team. They are a pretty amazing team. I think if we were on it, we could have come back and beat them, but the boys were just a little "off". Nothing much, just not on their "A" game. So we ended up losing by a couple runs. But these boys did amazing. I would have NEVER thought that this would be how the season would end. These boys played their hearts out and should be so proud of themselves! They tied for 7th in STATE!!! There are A LOT of teams that can't say that! Good job boys and Good Luck next year!

No comments: