Sunday, July 6, 2008

Who will be 1000?

I'm getting close to my 1000th visitor.  Is it you?  Leave a comment and let me know!

 

We had a great 4th of July.  I really enjoyed spending time with my family and friends.  We ended up spending about 6 hours at our friends house.  I love visiting with so many friends that I know casually.  Spending more time getting to know them better.  It was a fun evening with fun games, awesome fireworks and amazing hospitality.  Thanks!!!

 

Yesterday Mike got up and went to play racquetball.  I called a friend of mine and we went out for a bike ride.  I'm glad that I went.  Neither one of us really wanted to go, but in the end I think we both had a good time.  I'm looking forward to next week when she's going to take me on one of her favorite courses.


We found out yesterday that Conner's baseball team came in 2nd in their division and 8th in their league.  I have mixed emotions about baseball this year (in case you couldn't tell!).  On one hand I'm excited, but on the other, it's just more misery.  UGH!  I'll be happy when the season is over!

 

Mike took the 2 older girls out in the afternoon to go see Kung Fu Panda.  They sure enjoyed that.  They were laughing and full of something when they came home.  Mike said that he really enjoyed spending the time with the older 2.  Hopefully it's something that they can do again and again.

 

We took Conner out on date night with us and went and saw Hancock.  That was an interesting movie.  I'm amazed at what qualifies as a PG-13 movie!!!  We had been warned about the language before we went, so we were able to talk with Conner about it before hand.  But still.  Is that necessary?  I actually enjoyed the story line.  I had no idea what the movie was about before we saw it.  I just knew that Will Smith was in it and I don't think you can go wrong with Will Smith!!!  I have a lot of respect for him as an actor and person (well, as much as you can for someone who lives in that lifestyle!). 

 

Now I'm hanging out trying to figure out if I'm going to skip church because I don't want to deal with the younger 2 kids while we're there.  Not that I ever really skip, but I always go through the debate!  So, I guess I'd better work on my lesson.  Happy Sunday!

No comments: