Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is there an end in sight?

Yes, the wonderful summer is here and going quickly.  Luckily.  As much as I love having the kids home, I'm ready to be back to business as usual.  I'm looking forward to cleaning up a part of the house and having it stay clean!  Seriously, that is the worst thing.  At this point I've just given up.  Cleaning has never been my strong point, but I'm just exhausted trying to do it all.  I know, I know, I have 5 (well at least 3) very capable bodies to help but they don't do anything for me.  Mike says that they will, but I've yet to see it.  I give someone a task and 2 minutes later they've forgotten what they were supposed to do and are destroying something else.  Oh well.  There will be an end.  I'm sure of it.

 

Speaking of school starting again.  I just thought of how "wonderful" my schedule is going to be with 4 kids on different schedules.  Here's what it looks like so far:

7:30 Conner leaves for school (friend picks him up, luckily!)

8:35 Alia and Ann-Elise are picked up at the bus stop

11:50 Adrie's preschool bus pick up

2:30 Conner is picked up (my turn to drive)

3:55 Alia, Ann-Elise and Adrie get home on the bus

 

Well, that just leaves me a TON of time to get things done, don't you think?  Could it be any worse?  Guess Caile and I won't be going on any fun outings very far from home.  I suppose the only nice thing is that Adrie won't have school on Friday's, so we can do our "field trips" then.

 

So, Alia started cheer.  Shockingly enough, I was not happy with the way it started (I know, it's so weird that I would have issues with something!).  But I decided to bite the bullet and just let her have fun and I'll keep my opinions to myself.  She started practices on Monday night and LOVES it!  And she's actually pretty good.  She seems to be having a good time.  There are a large age group of girls, so she's one of the youngest ones.  But everyone seems very supportive.  They have a pretty small squad of 12-13 girls and half of them cheered last year, so it's a fun mix of girls who know what they're doing and those that don't.  The coach pairs up an experienced girl with a new one and they work on the cheers together.  It's a great way to get them working together as a team!  I'm excited to get her uniform ordered and see it on her.  That will be fun for her.  Although, I don't know if she'll ever take it off once we get it!  Oh, and sorry Brynn, I had my camera all ready to take pics, and then I left it at home.  I know!

 

We're getting ready for Caile's 2nd birthday.  Hard to believe that she's going to be 2!  Although, I can honestly say that I am happy to be coming out of the "baby" stage of life!  Honestly, 5's my limit.  One more would probably throw me over the edge!  And she's been so funny lately.  She finally seems to be over the "freak out" stage and more into the fun "play with me stage".  I'm looking forward to spending time with her this school year.  She is a doll!

 

We're still waiting to hear from Conner's (hopefully) new school to find out if he's in.  We're planning on it, but it would be nice to have official word!  Hopefully sometime next week we'll get the definite, final answer.  And I suppose that if he doesn't get in, then it's just more money in my pocket!  But if he's not in, he's wearing blue pants and solid colored polo shirts to public school because I've already bought them!!!

 

And a very scary note, I have my next triathlon in 3 days.  Oh, I think I just threw up in my mouth on that one!  I'm so not ready.  I know that I can do it, but I'm worried.  I just haven't had the motivation to do anything.  Plus no one I know is doing this one.  That makes me sad.  I don't want to do it alone.  But I'm sure it will be fine.  I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Bout freakin time you updated! You had lots to say too.

Why am I not surprised you forgot your camera?!

Isn't it going to be weird to only have 1 at home? I'm freaking out about that, it'll be fun, just... quiet! LOL

I can't wait to find out about Conner, how exciting for him if he gets in.

Good luck this weekend!

Ethington Family said...

becki, good luck this weekend!
that is great! i too was waiting for an up date. good to see you found time in your busy days. see you on sunday.

Ethington Family said...

ok, that was the coolest thing! I was at the gym this morning, and right when I glance up at the tv, I see your little Kalie. That was so cute!